Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Class, Blood Work and Plans

Today was a busy day. We spent the day at the Zoo with our cousins, then followed the visit to the Zoo with some blood work at the hospital and then a Pre-Surgery class. We had so many other things that we could have done- laundry, dishes, cleaning- but we decided that for today playing was more important.

The pre-surgery class was amazing. We were the only ones in the class so Jackson go a whole bunch of individualized attention and we got a great tour of the areas we will be spending lots of time in the next few days.


We got to see an operating room, then tour the ICU and the Neuro Trauma Center (NTU) where Jackson will be staying. I think the tour was good for Jackson, but also it was good for me. I learned a little bit more of what to expect. How is it that I am hysterical, but that my little guy is so composed?


I went to Relief Society tonight. I wanted to be normal. I don't think normal exists for me anymore. No matter the outcome of this situation, I am forever changed.

Tomorrow is a big day. We are headed to the hospital for another MRI and then Jackson will be going in for his biopsy- brain surgery. The surgery should last anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours. I will keep this as up to date as possible. Hopefully the next post will be a happy one.

If you are the type that prays, we would appreciate it if you would add our family to your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I just found out about this blog...love it and what a great idea! We are sorry we won't get to see Jack when he gets out of his surgery but we will constantly be thinking of him and you guys. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. I read each and every comment to Jackson and they brighten his spirits. He loves that you are supporting him through reading his blog.